On Thursday, 3 Mar 1966 at about 1600 hours the Candlestick Park tornado, one of the most devastating tornadoes in Mississippi history occurred. It was named after a shopping center in south Jackson which was totally destroyed by the tornado. One of only two documented F5 (the most violent on the Fujita scale) tornadoes to strike Mississippi in the 20th century, it carved a path of destruction across central and east central Mississippi. The worst damage occurred in parts of Hinds, Rankin, Scott, and Leake counties, where a total of 57 people were killed and over 500 were injured. This was the second deadliest, most damaging, and longest track (202.5 miles) tornado in central Mississippi during the 20th century.
- New FROM Board member – Scott Steele September 9, 2019
- First Responders of MS Benefit Concert with Jackie Evans: Thursday, Sept. 27th August 30, 2018
- Whitley Grace Golf Tournament: Monday, Sept. 10th August 30, 2018
- Ruth Ann Rigby – Addict to Advocate – MS Christian Living cover story Aug. 2018 August 30, 2018
- MS Christian Living magazine focus: First Responders of MS August 6, 2018